Tips for Water Damage Wylie TX
Flood Restoration Wylie TX is a serious issue that can lead to many problems in your home. If you have water damage, it is important to take action immediately to prevent further damage. There are a few tips that can help you with water damage.
First, if possible, try to remove the water from your home. This can be done by using a pump or by using a wet/dry vacuum. If you cannot remove the water, then you should try to dry the area as quickly as possible. This can be done by using fans or by open windows. Another tip for water damage is to try to remove any items that may be damaged by the water. This includes clothing, furniture, and electronics.
Finally, if you have flood insurance, you should contact your insurance company to see if they will cover the cost of flood restoration. If you follow these tips, you can minimize the damage caused by flood waters.
- Stop the water source
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping or sweeping
- Tab furniture, so it is not in water, starting with the most valuable.
You can use plastic or wax paper to help protect wood furnishings.
- Towel down wood furnishings.
- Lift draperies, curtains and bed skirts off the floor.
- Remove wet area rugs.
- Move photos, paintings and paper documents to a dry location.
- Remove wet soft goods and dry them as soon as possible.
- Use electrical appliances and outlets in wet areas.
- Use an ordinary household vacuum to remove water.
- Enter rooms if the ceiling is sagging with water.
- Assume that the water is centrally located. It often runs in odd areas.
Direct billing with insurance company
Emergency response water extraction
Structural drying of walls, ceilings, cavities & floors
Sealing off unaffected areas to prevent secondary damage
Documentation of drying
Certificate of Satisfaction
Work with your insurance company & adjuster
WE ALSO RESTORE FIRE & MOLD DAMAGE
24/7 EMERGENCY CLEAN UP